Today is Good Friday!!! Happy Good Friday, everyone!!!
Here is an Easter Playlist for you. (I couldn't check if all the songs worked because my VPN is making my connection really slow... so, sorry if some of them don't work!)
This morning some people from our community (school community, living community, fellowship community) got together to have a time of prayer, worship, and celebration. The languages that were used this morning were English, Korean, Chinese, and Hebrew. While we were singing, I couldn't help but think how it sounds to God. It is such a blessing to be here because I'm getting a glimpse of what heaven will be like... with people from every "tribe and nation".
We ended our meeting this morning with a song titled "Celebration" (I think...). It is a song which is sung in the Hebrew language. So, we made two circles, one inside of the other. The men were in the inner circle, and the ladies made the outside circle. We "danced" to the song by going around in circles. It was awesome and a great way to start the day!
Memory about Good Friday
When we are about to go on break or when we are nearing a holiday, someone will always ask (as a conversation starter) what are you doing for your holiday? or what are some traditions your family has for (fill in the name of the holiday)?
Usually we can count on our friend Ben to ask such questions... but surprisingly, it was our friend Amanda who asked about Easter traditions last night.
Our Easter tradition is to go to church in the morning and then have either lunch or dinner with my whole family (g-ma, aunts, uncles, cousins). I feel like this might be very similar to others' traditions. When I'm home my mom still makes me an Easter basket. This year it was like she sent me an Easter box (basket, box... it doesn't matter to me!) It was Awesome!
What might be a little unusual is that my family (parents, bro, and sis-in-law) have a Good Friday tradition too. Usually after going to the Good Friday service we would go to Red Lobster. This is because my dad observes lent so it is the best restaurant for us to go to on this specific Friday. (Being Baptist, we don't observe lent, but that doesn't stop me from enjoying a good Fish Fry or our Red Lobster tradition).
Anyway, it can be hard not being able to spend this time with family, but I'm thankful for having a surrounding community who I can celebrate with!
I hope you all have a fantastic Easter weekend!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment